Friday, February 22, 2008

St. Louis Seasons





I love the St. Louis seasons. There's just something to be said about the midwest and the variety of the seasons. I could do without the summers but other than that no complaints here. Each season feels like a gift from God. God brings me fall to enjoy the array of color on His paint brush. He brings me winter to drink in His Peace while everything is so still and quiet. I can also delight in a couple of snow days here and there. After winter comes bursting forth Spring, where His glory is loud and clear. Our backyard is so full of life in the Srping. Flowers will be everywhere because of our hard working landlord. We can't wait to light up the grill and have friends over. God, I thank you for the seasons and your creativity. God, I thank you for the seasons in the life you've given me. Sometimes I complain about some of those seasons you've given me but all of them are in your great timing. I've grown with every season and am pleasantly surprised when the next season comes along. Each season draws me closer to my maker. Sometimes it's the standing in awe of vast colors of the trees on our street or finding beauty in the diversity of relationships you've given me. Sometimes it's stopping to notice the hush and silence of the snow, blanketed city or just realizing that sometimes you are really talking in those silent times of my life. Sometimes it's marveling in the overpowering aroma coming from the rose bush in the backyard or just stopping and taking time to take in the fragrances of God that are all around me. There is trully a time and reason for all seasons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,
It looks like you spent your snow day updating your blog! Dad and I check your blog out often so it was a nice surprise to see you had added new things to it. Fun pictures. Hard to believe you all have been in St. Louis long enough to enjoy all four seasons. Hoping spring comes soon!