Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tobin Isaiah, Motherhood






Wow!!!!!! Our little/big fella has finally arrived into this big and crazy world. Tobin Isaiah Phillips was born on Nov. 20th(daddy's birthday). I was induced the morning of the 20th and Tobin popped out later that night. The labor wasn't that bad-because of the good drugs I had. I was going to be brave but decided the process was going way too slow and boy am I glad I chose to have the drugs. Tobin was 9lb 2oz and 21 1/2 in long. YIKES!!!!!

The last couple of weeks have come with an amazing amount of emotions. No one could have prepared me for all of this and all that I'm feeling. I have learned how selfish I am and have been greatly humbled. I love our little guy so much but he's sooooo much work and sacrifice. I miss my sleep, my alone time with my husband, having time to fix dinner, getting out and about..... We named our son Tobin Isaiah because we loved the meaning of it. Tobin-God is Good, Isaiah-God is our salvation. Those are good reminders for me right now. God is so very Good. We are so blessed with our new little gift. I just need to remember this when I'm up at 3am and Tobin is screaming. draft

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know things seem difficult now, but cherish these times. It all goes by too quickly. You are a good mommy and Tobin is very blessed to have such loving parents. Things will calm down for you all soon.

Anonymous said...

Those first few months are the hardest definitely. I totally know where you are right now. Those emotions are high and you're exhausted. It's all worth it in the end. Congrats to both of you!

Lisa S. said...

He is so handsome! Just imagine how much more he would want to eat if he only weighed 7 pounds! I agree with your grandma. Cherish those 3am feedings. Soon they will be over and you will miss that sweet cuddle time. Someday he won't even want to sit on your lap. Congrats!

Inkling said...

Thanks for taking time to write and post pictures. It is so fun to see you glowing in motherhood. That glow covers up the lack of sleep, the recovery time, and all the uncertainty of being a new mommy perfectly. You really are beautiful, just in case you need to know. I just hope I get it in about five weeks. Well that, and some more sleep. Did you wake up every 45 minutes toward the end?

Tobin Isaiah is precious, and I love his name and its meaning.

He's got an awesome and creative mommy who is going to teach him so much in the coming months and years. You are going to be great, and they tell me that sleep will indeed come eventually...somewhere after teething and before they start leaving the house for sleepovers and independent drive times. Let's hope they are right. =)

Anonymous said...

hurray! hurray! I'm so glad you sent me the link to your blog!

Ro said...

Congratulations Holly! I am so happy for you. It's the funniest thing...I've been thinking about you a lot over the past month and wondering how you were. I'm so happy I found your site. Good luck with the newest member of your beautiful family!
Roanne

Penny said...

You and Rob are doing such a great job! Being a Mom makes you appreciate the simple joys in life like..an uninterupted meal or conversation. You begin to savor every little thing that you never appreciated before.

Hang in there..one day at a time!

matt n karisa said...

Happy Birthday, Rob & Tobin! And CONGRATULATIONS to you all! Wow--that's one big baby. :) And handsome to-boot. ;) Matt and I remember those insanely tired (and that's no exaggeration) days...and that's why we haven't jumped the gun to child #2. ;) It does get better, though. You'll find your flow. The baby will eventually sleep, and you will eventually get to shower and cook and clean again. There is a time for everything under the sun! I'm glad you explained the name...I assumed it came from Gilmore Girls! Congrats, again :)

~ Karisa