Friday, November 24, 2006

How Could I Ask for More


What a week of celebrations. Rob and I have so much to be thankful for.

Monday was Rob's big 30th birthday. What a young whipper snapper. I "tried" to make his favorite-Grandpa's Chocolate Chip Cake- but it just wasn't the same I'm afraid. We stopped for a moment and thanked God for his Grandpa and all the good memories Rob has of him. Rob wanted to go out for Thai food on his birthday but the closest Thai food around is 6 hours from here. :( We decided to drive to Bismark and enjoy a nice theater and restaurant. It was a nice, little get away.

Wednesday night we attended a Thanksgiving service at church. I was overwhelmed with the thought of how much I have to be thankful for. There was a time during the service where people could get up and share testimonies of thanks. There was one sharing that really altered my thinking. A man in the church said he was thankful for "waiting". WOW!!! Rob and I are in the middle of a huge WAITING right now and we haven't been all that thankful. The man went on to explain that when he's waiting he knows the Lord is working and he is not.

Yesterday was a fun filled comfortable day. Vince and Kirsten exercised hospitality by inviting us and about 8 other people over for a yummy, yummy meal. It was a great time of fellowship. It was hard not being able to be with my parents yesterday but I'm thankful that we could be with some of my family on my favorite holiday of the year. Oh, how could I ask for more?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's fun to see part of your home from the picture of Rob and his cake. I've been trying to imagine what it looks like. I'm happy that your first Thanksgiving together was a special one. We do have much to be thankful for.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rob!! Hi Holly I'm sure the cake was delicious. It sure looks good! Happy to hear all is well. Love Ya!

Unknown said...

happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday dear Robert Alvin
happy birthday to you

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to me

Anonymous said...

We wondered how long it would be before Rob grew his goatee again.
One picture is worth a thousand words!
Happy Birthday, Son.