Sunday, December 3, 2006

It's Begining to Look a lot Like Christmas















*

Today
our ghetto light finally
bit the dust. We were lying in
bed and it fell right over on top of
us. We weren't quite ready to part with the
lamp so Rob dug out his green, duct tape and
saved the day. My hero!!! I noticed that my cute
hero was digging around in the tool box still and
wondered what he was up to. He was in search for
some red, electrical tape to juice up our already,
some what decorated lamp. We laugh
ed and thought
"hey what a creative Christmas dec-
oration".
You see Rob and I are living among boxes,

ready to move at a moments notice and will have no
Christmas decorations at all this year. We are realizing
that the more simple life has allowed us to find more
peace this Christmas season. We are enjoying this
Holiday season. We have much to be thankful for. We
are thanking God for broken lamps and His peace. We
have never
found so
much joy
in a Christmas
decoration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And, here I was feeling bad that you all wouldn't have Christmas decorations your first Christmas together! I'm glad among the boxes and all of the unknowns in your lives that God has given you the gift of peace! Thanks for reminding me to be thankful for the little things.

Unknown said...

very creative holly. i am impressed.