Tuesday, December 5, 2006

His Promises

This week has been a tough week. There's a lot I could get stressed about if I chose to. Our address has changed 3 times in the last week. Yep, it's true. We were going to move out of our apartment and then came a snow storm. We then decided to just stay in the apartment. Then someone came along and wanted our apartment and we thought of the money we could save so we decided to pack up and move to my brother's house. Well, then the people decided they didn't want the apartment. We had just about everything packed and ready to go. We were disappointed but realized that God had other plans. You see when you are praying about things you know everything that happens is an answer to that prayer in some way. Whether it be a "yes" or a big fat "NO". Well today we got another call from our apartment manager and she said someone wanted to move in by this Thursday(yes 2 days from now). YIKES!!! The good news is we're already packed and ready. In the midst of all this shifting of boxes Rob and I are both looking for jobs. It's been a wee bit stressful. We are trusting the Lord but sometimes it's just nice to hear from God in a BAM, SHABANG type of way. Well........ Rob and I were in the car the other day-just after one of my many break downs of the week-when I spotted a rainbow in the sky. A rainbow????? A rainbow in December, in below freezing temperatures? WHAT? It wasn't raining, hadn't been raining and there was no sun to be found. HHHMMMM....I don't know. What I do know is that I needed to see that rainbow and God knew it too. That rainbow was screaming "HOLLY, remember who I am. I am the "I am". I am your creator, your potter. I am your Savior and Lord. I am the one who holds you in the palm of my hand and will take care of you. I am the one who keeps His promises."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

good thoughts. God is always at work.

Anonymous said...

I'm thanking God that He gave you & Rob exactly what you needed...a reminder that He is faithful and always keeps His promises.

"Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Wendy said...

Hi Hols,

I just read your blog and was amazed to see how God is working! He sent that rainbow just for you, pilgrim in a strane world! I am praying for you guys!

Love you girl!

Wendy

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Holly!! The first year of marriage is stressful for sure and it sounds like your circumstances are crowding in on you. Make Rob give you a foot rub!!!!
We are praying for you guys,daily!!
Love,
Pen