Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Basement Dwellers

Well, Rob and I hit our 2 months of being married. What a crazy couple of two months but God is revealing His, new mercies everyday.

We have moved into the "family of blacks" house. WOWZERS, what a blessing they have been to us. My brother and another friend of his moved us out of our apartment last Thursday. We found out on Tuesday that we had to be out by Thursday. The carpet cleaners were actually helping us move so they could start their cleaning. Most of our stuff was moved to storage and the rest we have with us in the basement of my brother's house, where we are now calling our home. Yep, that's right "You, Me and Holly". :)

Blessings from living with the Black family........

*My brother went out on Saturday morning and bought a table top Christmas tree to surprise Rob and me. We were also surprised to find on the next day that it had been topped with a blue ribbon beer can. It is just perfect for our humble abode. We are grateful for our cute, little tree because our ghetto lamp was tossed in the move.

*It's been so fun for me to be around my brother and his family again or for the first time. Since Vince has been married we have had great distances between our homes. I am cherishing this time.

*What a treat to see my husband playing with our two little nephews. It's such good practice for us both. My nephews know me now and that makes me smile.

*What a beautiful picture of marriage we are seeing in my brother and sister in-law.

5 comments:

Inkling said...

What an adventure you are on, my friend! You are handling it with courage and grace, as usual. Know that you are in my prayers, and if I could send a hug across the border, I would!

We need to catch up! Please send me an email with your contact info, and I'll give you a call with the wonderful calling plan my hubby got so I didn't die too much of homesickness. =)

sending you oodles of hugs meanwhile.....Sara

Grace said...

Hey Holly!! It's Grace, which means nothing to you. I'm Inkling and Ruby's friend (Ruby is Albert the bulldog's mom). I'm the one who gave Albert to them and the one you rode with to Inkling's "bachelorette" party at Joe's back in May and admitted to you that I was jealous of her future children. Remember me now!! Psedonym's are tough when you already know someone. Although it's kinda fun to figure out ways to describe oneself in ways that enable you to figure out who I am. I just saw that you're linked on Inkling's blog. Congrats on getting married. Ruby told me about the wedding. It's the most incredible thing and the most challenging thing you'll ever do in your life. Hang on to God and He'll get ya thru!!!

Unknown said...

i wondered where my beer can went.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute...I love you guys. I want to be like all of you. I started this thinking on your birthday. :) Take care!!

Brooke said...

Hey Holls! Glad to hear you are enjoying time at your brother's. I think it is something we all have to go thru at some point. When I lived in my sister's basement my nephew wrote a story for school about "his aunt that lived in the basement." So, who knows, if you are lucky maybe you will get a story too.

Miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!