Monday, October 8, 2007

One Whole Year


Yes, it's been one whole year of marriage as of yesterday. My hubby"Holly's Hotty" did good. He surprised me with a weekend getaway. We stayed in a bed and breakfast in Herman, Missouri Friday and Saturday night and visited several wineries. It was a great weekend. On the way home we did some reflecting on our one year of marriage. It's been a crazy year. We counted that I had had 4 different jobs and moved 4 different times all since last October. What a crazy year but what a great year. All of our friends keep telling us that if we can get through the first year of marriage it's all down hill from there. Well, we got through that first year and we look forward to many more. God, blessed me with an amazing husband and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. He's my hotty.(Rob thought he was being funny by putting the above picture on my screen saver....I thought it was pretty funny too. :)Hope you enjoy)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all I had to clean my pants after seeing that you had added something to your blog. That may be more worth celebrating than your 1 year anniversary.

Thirdly, Congrats to Hot Rob and Hotty.

D.) I don't know who your friends are who say after the first year it is all down hill. They must not be married...or if they are they haven't been married for a year yet.

IV.) Don't let it be another year before you post something again.

Anonymous said...

Amen to all of Vince's comments...maybe not in that order?? I didn't have to clean my pants though.

I'm trying to figure out what kind of social event Rob is dressed up for in the picture...it isn't your wedding. Maybe it's during that 5 year period of time that Dad keeps questioning Rob about. :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, guys! What a year it has been! Glad to hear you had a wonderful little getaway!
We miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Holly,You have caught yourself quite a hotty. It's a good thing that I taught Rob everything I know! If it weren't for me he'd still be rolling up his acid washed jeans and spiking his mullet!!
Seriously, congradulations guys!
-Penny

Inkling said...

I second everything Vince said too. Well, I didn't have to clean any laundry, but my heart nearly stopped and needed CPR. I have to say that the second year has its challenges too, and imagine that each year brings new ones. But then again, I imagine you are a lot easier to live with than me. =)

Hey, when I come to St. Louis next week for two weeks, do you want to get together? I'll be at my parents' house in Chesterfield, when I'm not traveling to three other states to see relatives. I'd LOVE to catch up and have a good visit with you. I was thinking that maybe even Jules could come down, and the three of us could visit too. Anyway, just letting you know.