Saturday, June 30, 2007

City Living


Last weekend our neighborhood was adorned with many shapes and sizes of rainbows. One of our neighbors even had these unique, rainbow trees made of balloons in his front yard. All the little boutiques and restaurants had their rainbow flags flying high. Our house was surrounded by the Gay Pride Festival. The festival included parades, music(Jordan Knight-for those of you that remember the New Kids on the Block), vendors, a pet parade and lots and lots of people. It was a HUGE celebration. A celebration that brought me to a whole lot of pondering and nowhere for us to park our cars.
We were on our way to church on Sunday morning right as the Gay Pride parade started and I couldn't help but be reminded of God's promises. There was a rainbow on every corner, t-shirt and bumper stricker. The Gay Pride rainbow represents Sexual diversity but every time I saw a rainbow I couldn't help remembering the original purpose for the rainbow-God making a covenant agreement with the people he loves. It's because of that love that I too should be celebrating. There should be parades and music showing how joyful we are of the agreement God has made and how proud we are of our King.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are correct and I can confess that I have forgoten the meaning of the rainbow over the years. I read political and ethic issues eveyday and some time I don't realize the truth is root of everything.

Unknown said...

more posts. more often.