Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Living with a boy

I've had lots and lots of roomates before but they've all been girls and we've all had our own rooms to decorate. It's different living with a boy. Boy's don't have "decorations". Rob has been so patient with me and my decorating. I LOVE to decorate. My decorating is pretty quirky but I like it. We have 7 rooms in our apartment and all of them have "HOLLY" written all over them. I tried to make an effort in decorating our bedroom to suit both boy and girl standards. I went with the colors brown and blue. That sounds pretty boy proof-doesn't it? Well my blue got kind of teal blue and my browns are in all kinds of swirls and floral prints. OOPS-sorry Rob. I tried. Not only do we have the big obvious difference of the boy/girl thing going on but we have quite a drastic difference in tastes and style. Rob is more the techy/modern guy and I'm the shabby/chique girl. So, to make a long story short- a sad, long story short, what you see above is my husbands appointed space in the house to decorate. He is free to put whatever he wants on that shelf. I sound like a horrible and not so understanding wife but my husband is so pleased with his shelf. He is completely satisfied. Every once in awhile I see him just looking up at the shelf and just smiling.(he's so cute) He's happy, I'm happy, all is good until we have more Dr. Who than shelf room. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hold on to the shelf rob. if you're not careful you may start using words like "cute." then you will start wearing a skirt (again).

Major Chisholm said...

Seven rooms and all he gets is that shelf. I think its time we men mailed Rob some more shelves.

Inkling said...

ah, the decorating challenge of including our husbands.......that was a topic of conversation just tonight.....

I like the shelf idea. That would save me from having to put up posters. =)

Unknown said...

more posts please.

Unknown said...

still waiting.