Wednesday, January 31, 2007

God's Blessing in the Sky


I've been kind of crabby about the frigid air up here in ND. It's crazy cold up here and it's supposed to get worse. Temperatures are about to go below zero, it's miserable to be outside and we go to bed some nights with a heating pad turned up on high. I have to admitt I've been pretty growly about it.


Well, God decided He was going to help me get out of this funk. If I think about it,He always provides a way out if I choose to see His handywork. Well, His handywork was quite obvious this time.


On the way to work on Monday, Rob and I saw the strangest thing in the sky. I told Rob it looked like the sun was rising in two spots. For the next 15 minutes, while on the way to work, we tried to figure out what this strange image was. When I arrived at school I asked another teacher what this second, sunrise was all about. She said it must have been a "sundog". A what??? She told me it had something to do with ice crystals in the sky. The sun reflects on these ice crystals and makes an almost mirror image of the sun. She said these "sundogs" sometimes create rainbows in the sky as well. Oh, yeah they do!!!! On the way to work today we saw almost a full rainbow and what appeared to be, three sunrises. WOW!!!!!


God, thank you for your surprises and blessings when we are feeling low. Thank you for thawing my heart out and giving me a smile in the midst of this tundra. Thank you for being creative and helping me to find the positive in these icy conditions. Thank you for knowing just what I needed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture and great story.

Grace said...

Amazing! It's cold here too, 10 below upon waking, windchill of 15 below and lower for tonight, but I saw on the news it's even colder up there. Praying that you continue to see God's little things to keep you focused on him.

Anonymous said...

crown repeats elevation penetrates generations canada waivers prague traced space solved
lolikneri havaqatsu