Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snow or Shine

This is just really an excuse to use this cute, little picture of me and my hubby in our fun hats we received from mom and dad Phillips. No, not really. I just wanted to write about some of my observations of a ND winter. Snow or Shine, life goes on. YIKES!!!!!!

*We don't get rainy days here. We get snowy days.
*I rolled up to the Starbucks, drive through the other day and my window was frozen shut. I had to open my door to pay and get my coffee.
*We have recess in the snow. Every student brings snow boots and pants, coat, hat and mittens to school. Yesterday we played outside while it was snowing. We build snowmen, throw snowballs and have a great time.
*I have to start my car now and then just so it won't freeze up.
* People leave their cars running when they go in to shop at W-mart. Most people have automatic car starters.
*There are no snow-days here. Every day would be a snow -day. That's very disappointing to a teacher. :(
*Ice forms on the inside of windows.

To be continued........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good to see you back in the blogosphere. isn't the snow part of nearly, canada beautiful?